Hampshire County Retirement System

Social Security & You

Benefits received from Social Security may be offset by pension you receive from the Hampshire County Retirement System (Government Pension Plan Section 401(a)). The amount of offset is determined by Social Security. While you do not need to report Social Security benefits to us, you do need to report benefits received from us to Social Security. If you are subject to offset by Social Security, you must also report changes in benefits (i.e. COLA increases) to Social Security.

Fact Sheets are available at the Social Security Administration Website. www.ssa.gov

For the most up-to-date information regarding Social Security go to www.ssa.gov. Their website has been dramatically improved with lots of information available and easy to find. They also have online WEP and GPO calculators to assist you.

If you choose to meet with a Social Security Representative in person...The Holyoke branch office for Social Security is located at Second Floor, 200 High Street , Holyoke , MA 01040 and may be reached at (413) 536-3649 or (800) 772-1213. General Directions: Corner of Dwight & High Street - 2nd floor next to City Hall - Park in rear or at metered parking on High Street - Enter the front of the building on High Street.

Social Security Publications